Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Year in Review

I know her birthday is tomorrow but I thought I'd post the year in review pics today. She has grown so much in a year. As I looked through the pictures I remembered I was missing some months due to the mix up. (If you are new to the story or the blog you can look here for the story) Her adoption process was very smooth up until the Second DNA and then I felt like my world was crashing down. Just when we thought it was all fixed Liliana and I got stuck in Guatemala (You can find that story here and here. In fact to see pics from our time in Guatemala just head back to February). The last four months have been very difficult for Liliana and myself. She has had a horrible time attaching and bonding because she was moved 3 times in 8 months and never really got to get close to anyone before they were taken away. Now that she has been with us longer than she was with anyone else I am seeing a real difference. She is loving us now and we are just loving her back with everything we have. We are SO VERY BLESSED to have her in our family. Happy Birthday (a day early) sweet girl!



Referral Picture - July 07 -3 weeks old


August 07 - 2 months old


Sept 07 - 3 months old


Visit Trip - Sept 07 - 3.5 months old


Dec 07 - 6 months old

Feb 08 - Our FIRST embassy day - 8 months old


March 08 - 9 months old


April 08 - 10 months old


May 08 - 11 months old

Come back tomorrow to see her official 12 months old pic and the party pics.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Happy First Birthday Liliana!! She is a cutie and I am so glad that she is attaching and bonding better. Poor little thing to be moved around so much.

Unknown said...

Happy 1st Birthday Liliana. You are becoming one little cutie pie.I wish Icould be there for your big day. Can't wait to see ya Us in Missouri we so glad to finally get to see ya. Love ya Tia Jo

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lili!!! Your family has so much love for you!!!I cannot wait to meet you!

Kim & Dave said...

AWWW.....so fun to see these pics, Tina....& remember all the growing & changing she has done!!!

I remember when you posted that you were starting to adopt again....& there was just this little part of me that thought "Oh, it would be so much fun to go back....but, no, we are done...."

Guess God had other plans for us, huh?

But, your second adoption planted just a little seed to open our hearts to our little Natty!!

Robyn said...

How beautiful!! Happy 1st Birthday Liliana!!

Robyn