Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Gosh Am I Behind

I am really starting to get bad at this. I used to post alot more! Maybe it's because my children have a huge aversion to the camera now thanks to me and I won't post without pictures. Who knows. We had a great time yesterday. Especially Toby. NaNa came out early yesterday and picked up Toby for the day. They went to Prayer breakfast together and then did all of NaNa's banking errands. After that they went to Aunt Sue's where Toby "cooked" up a storm in the play kitchen. I really need to get him one of those. He LOVES to cook and Aunt Sue was very impressed that he knew how the utensils were actually used. After playing for alittle NaNa and Aunt Sue took Toby to McDonalds. Toby had a blast with playing in the play area and his new Kung Fu Panda toy (were at 3 out of 7 now...yes I guess I'm one of those parents...who knew?). After McDonalds, they went to the park. Toby was in his glory. He got to do all kinds of things and had someone's undivided attention again.

Where was Mommy and Lili when all this was going on? Well my Best friend is in from Charlotte for her ususal summer visit. Only this is not her typical summer visit...we were wedding dress shopping! It was great fun to go out with other adult women for shopping, conversation, and food (even if I did have to take the littlest one who you knew would known was there except for one crying episode). And Lianne, well she looked BEAUTIFUL in EVERYTHING she tried on and she found THE most perfect dress! GORGEOUS!!!!

When I finally got home, 6 hours later, Toby was having so much fun with NaNa and Aunt Sue that he left with them! That was a very postive sign for everyone, but alittle sad for me since he wanted to leave right after I got home. Sadly though he fell asleep on the way to NaNa's and when he woke up, that was it. Mommy and Lili had to pack it in and drive to NaNa's. Toby was just fine once we got there and had a few more hours of fun to his day. I am SO glad that you and Toby had so much fun Mom.

And just to make this all even better, Lianne is here for 2 weeks!!! And this saturday the children will hang out with Daddy while Mommy goes out with her friends to Pittsburgh for food and entertainment! This will be my first time out with friends, sans children, for something like 8 months. I am SO excited! Oh and here's a cute pic of Lili from the weekend (when we did plenty but I never pulled out the camera)

Lili and Daddy


Toby wanted nothing to do with a group shot

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh Tina How fun!!!! I hope you have a great girl night out!!!!

Kim & Dave said...

Toby is too funny!!! Reminds me of someone I know pretty well!!

Have a great time!