Friday, February 8, 2008

The USE is holding me Hostage...

Kinda. Well we went to our appointment today only to find out our file was lost. The US Embassy lady, Lauren, called me later today to say that here the file wasn't lost but was pulled due to the DNA mix up. Evidently no one investigated it before using us a second DNA approval (first mistake). And no one looked into it before issuing us pink (second mistake). Lauren isn't quite sure how we got pink. All she knows is she needs to look into the DNA mess before she can issue our visa. So now I wait till Monday when she will call for all the info she asked me to get. So in short, not sure when I get to come home. I will get to sometime next week but I have no idea what day. I am making the MOST of my weekend however. And I have some terriffic pictures of Liliana. And here they are....




Geez, she has that flashy thing again


All dressed up for our (screwed up) Embassy Appointment


Stretching her legs


Enjoying her floor time



If I just reach alittle more...

Getting sleepy


Studying the grass


Nope, not going to look


Well maybe I'll open my eyes. The water fountain is really neat.


Looking heavenly

Mommy, If I stare you down will you give me some food?



Alittle blurry, but cute


Not again Mom, put the flashy thing away


Silly Girl



Lounging in the Grass

Liliana is adjusting very well. Today she let me put her down for floor time and she really enjoyed the time in the grass. She is eating three jars of baby food a day along with her bottles. She is sleeping through the night and takes 3 naps a day. She is generally an easy baby. We got out for a nice walk in Zona Viva with some friends and enjoyed dinner with them also. I've decided that my hotel is like a high end soroity house since it's an old mansion not really a westernized hotel. Everybody hangs out in the common areas and leaves the doors to their room open. The food is like home cooked meals and the owners are very nice. And best of all I've met some very nice people that i can now call friends. I promise to update tomorrow after our zoo trip.

Oh, and a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my best blog and Missouri gal pal KELLY!!!! (and girl i have you all hooked up with stuff for Skyler and I am not done with my shopping so you never know what else you'll end up getting. And best of all i got most of it really cheap.)




3 comments:

Kelly said...

First of all, it will be okay, Secondly you have a lil' angel diva baby who gets more gorgeous in every picture although I don't know how its possible!!! Thirdly, WOOHOO You got me THE HOOK UP!!Girl you the SHIZNIT!!!! And Finally thank you for the B-Day wishes, I had a really good day, I just wish you would have gotten Lili's Visa. I still say effin effers to them for issueing Pink when they weren't ready BUT the upside is more bonding time with your beautiful daughter. Love ya!

Katie said...

WOW -- she is gorgeous !! Hope the USE mess gets fixed soon

Queen Witch Christine said...

OH MY GOD!!! You were right the pics are aawesome. She is sooo photo genic and sooo beautiful. She has NaNa heart already. LOVE YOU BOTH!