Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Called Home by God

May the choir of Angels come to greet her May they lead her to Paradise. May the Lord enfold her in His mercy. May He grant her eternal life.

My Grandma was called Home last night to her Maker. And I am relieved and empty all at the same time. My Grandma was a force in this life. She was a strong woman. Strong in family and strong in Faith. She was the BEST Grandma ever. She always had our favorite foods for family gatherings and for daily consumption. She attended every important event in her grandchildren's lives. She taught me how to tie my shoes and play all my card games. Whenever she watch David and I, she always asked us where we wanted to eat even though she already knew the answer. We loved Long John Silvers and we loved Grandma to take us there. I have tons more of these memories, ones that she helped create. I would love to write more about how she has touched my life but it is all too much right now. I am deeply sadddened by her passing, but I am happy that she has finally been reunited with my PapPap after 20 years and that she is no longer suffering.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am very sorry for your loss.

Kristen Anne said...

my thoughts and prayers are with you. xoxoxo

Kim & Dave said...

Praying for you guys.

Lots of love!

The CO Dillons

Kelly said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you and your family

Donna said...

Oh, your grandmother sounds like such a gem of a person and so well loved. Praying for you and your family at this time.

Kathy said...

I am sorry for your loss.