Sunday, February 24, 2008

Home One Week

Edited to add: Toby's diagnosis today at the doctor's was a very nasty double ear infection and a sinus infection. We have meds now and we are resting comfortably. Hopefully my baby will be able to sleep better. One plus to him being sick is it's hard to stay mad at Mommy when she's the only one you want and the one who makes it all better. It's also a plus that Mommy is more relaxed this week and alittle more sane, but only a little. ;) Also I had a Eureka moment today with Lili. I was letting her suck my finger and I felt it... a tooth just beginning to breakthrough. Upon moving her tongue out of the way it looks like there may be two more close behind. So we pick up some teething tablets and she is calm again which makes the bonding process much more bearable.


Week one has been very difficult. I was prepared for difficult but this has been down right hard. Toby is completely pissed at me for leaving and for giving Lili attention (he loves her to death unless I'm holding her), Lili and I were sick and now Toby has caught quite a cold. Not to mention the death of my Grandma and her services. And to top it off, Liliana's transition home has been a very slow go. I knew when I was in Guatemala that she wasn't attaching to me like I hoped she would and it has been pretty much status quo here. She is a very easy going baby. She eats well, sleeps (at night) well, and is generally pleasant. However, she is as happy with me as she is with Joe Shmoe. She was great all day and then we got home. She cried for an hour and a half. And man did she cry. She nearly made herself sick. Not only was she tied, but she wanted nothing to do with being held close. So starting tonight, we are going full speed attachment parenting and are starting a routine whether she likes it or not. ;) Here's to a new week and therefore a fresh outlook. Now onto the pictures.



Playing cars, watching the Wiggles, and smiling for the camera all at once. How very skilled he is.


Also watching the Wiggles. And not to be outdone by her Big Brother, playing with her toys and plotting how to bother Toby best. She is also very skilled. Hehehe


Enjoying the Play Area at the Robinson Mall while NaNa shopped


Come Sail Away


"Hiding" from Mommy


Enjoying that pointer finger. She doesn't suck her thumb, but instead sucks her pointer finger.



First Family Pic (at the luncheon after the funeral)


Godfather with Liliana


Playing the drums...And man was it LOUD!


Dinnertime

Woman, I told you NO MORE PICTURES!



Caught Red Handed


Raise your hands if you're a Panther Fan.


What do you mean not everyone loves Pitt? Oh No!


Playing Online slots with PapPap (the kind where you don't lose any money, you just have fun)


Father - Daughter Time


Oh Toodles!


Arescante! To the rescue my friends....Searching for the Mommy Macaw that was trapped under the couch.


Girl Power!

This is what we look like normally. Comfortable and Happy!

I'm still having a hard time finding a time to blog. Toby is starting to mellow out and Lili should be on a schedule soon, so I should be back to my normal blogging by the end of the week. thanks for hanging in there and following along and for all the support. (Wow, what a run-on.)



5 comments:

Queen Witch Christine said...

Love conquers all. It will be ok sweetheart I promise. It was an extremly emotional week for you. You and your two beautiful children will be just fine. Don't be so hard on yourself. I love you baby. MOM

THE MERRILL FAMILY said...

Tina,

Oh, do I remember being there this time last year. Garrett was so mad about losing Daddy and gaining a sissy and I was doing it all on my own. To top it off, Elena wasn't all that sure about me. I think having Garrett attached to me helped -- let her know that the crazy lady wasn't all bad. She was loosely attached within a month or so, but I wouldn't say firmly attached until the end of the summer -- right as Chris came home. And things are even better now. Really gives credence to th thoughts that attachment is an ongoing process. It just wasn't that way with Garrett, and so I had a hard time.

Lean on your friends, especially us in blogger land who have been in your shoes. This community of friends is what helped me survive and keep plugging all those months.

Hugs.
Beckie

Guatemama said...

Tina,
Thank you for the honest post! You inspired me to do one of my own. Hang in there. Isn't it the hardest watching the babies grieve?? I hate it but I am thankful that Anika is finally reacting after 3 weeks with us.
Tracy

Kristen Anne said...

Ah well, some of us continue to support Pitt, as long as they beat WVU.

I am sure that the little one will figure out soon enough that you are her home. It will help having Toby, I think, if only because little sisters very often follow their older brothers. :-)

In the meantime, remember that you aren't alone, and that you are a very special mommy. We love you, and we're behind you all the way.

PS - I'm still hugging the bejesus out of that child after I've correctly re-directed her to her mommy.... That is what Aunts are for!!!!

Love ya!

Cheri said...

This is your PH friend. Refresh my memory...were you with Max or Mirella? I was just wondering if Lili was with a foster mom or in the hogar. My email is cherifortner@hotmail.com if you have time to respond. I am just trying to prepare myself for what lies ahead (the sooner the better.) Cheri