Sunday, February 10, 2008

Out and About in Guatemala Cuidad

I know that I am a day behind, however, interent stealers can't be choosers. Casa Grande does not have wireless internet, Hotel San Carlos next door does. And since I am about the farest you can be from Hotel San Carlos in Casa Grande, the internet is slow. It is even more non existent in the evening when i would usually post. So now we will be a day behind most likely. On to my travels.

Yesterday I acted as a tour guide for my Louisana buddies, Karen, Shane, and Jamie, and their adopted daughter Addison. We started off with the zoo and then went to the artisan market for some shopping. They did much better at shopping then I did, but then I know where to get the deals and won't buy until then. We had a really great time. Liliana fell asleep before the taxi even came and didn't wake up until we had seen the whole zoo. She missed it all. Oh well, it was more for me than her. The weather was perfect for a day at the zoo, but even with great weather the majority of the animals were uncooperative and asleep in the shade. When we came back we sat in the living room and drank Margaritas for a couple hours and then i was off to a pizza party upstairs with my neighbors. As you can see I am actually fending for myself (I am naturally shy by nature). Today they close down part of Avenue Reforma to make a park for families and others to come and enjoy the outdoors in the city. There will be dog walkers, rollarbladers, bike riders, families with children and the like. i plan on taking full advantage of this to go shoppping and visit the Marriott. I love Sundays here! Here are the pics of our big day out...

A balancing Elephante. Notice he is walking on just the edge. Very impressive.

Mono butt (Just for Kelly)


Look closely and you'll see a Puma


Look closely again and you'll see a sleeping Liliana. This is how she spent her day at the zoo.


A merecato (meercat)

Awake and chillin out in the shade while Mommy ate Pollo Campero


Shopping at the artisan market


Too cute!


Scopin out the grass


Liliana's new hat

Being her adorable self


Tickling her toes


Mommy and her girl


Flyin high by one of the fountains out front



Getting sleepy again

HAPPY 70TH BIRTHDAY GODFATHER!!!! We love you! Hope your day was a good one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Liliana love your new hat .You are a rave of sunshine. Soooo cute !!! Love ya Tia Jo

Katie said...

She is so darling in yellow !! Looks like you are having a great time !

Donna said...

Praying for good news for you guys at the USE tomorrow! She is adorable and you guys have that wonderful happy glow! Grinning from ear to ear! So happy fo! you1

Kelly said...

OH MONO BUTT!!!!! Thanks for thinking of me, your so sweet!!!!LOL
Love the pics, especially the black and white ones, she is gorgeous!