Thursday, February 14, 2008

I'M COMING HOME!!!! (Edited)

Details and pictures to follow. Just know that John Lowell, Consular General, is, my hero. And Greg is here safe and sound. He now just gets to enjoy some quality time with his girls. Love to all and thanks for the prayers.


Edited to add the details...

This morning I email John Lowell, Consular General of the US Embassy asking him to intervene and letting him know how my Senators and myself have tried to get some communication with no luck. Within an hour and a half of emailing him, a woman from the Embassy called and asked me to come in today. (They DON'T do thursday interviews so a BIG exception was made for me.) When I got back there was a email from John Lowell. Not only did they do this for me today, but I came to find out that nothing was done until I notified him today and then it was all taken care of in a matter of the previous given time frame. John Lowell is definately my hero, even though he doesn't have the best rep with adoptions, he was a great help to me today. And here are the pics.

Sleeping in my lap yesterday.


Giving Mommy "the look" for disturbing her and Oso


All smiles

Yes Ladies, This man is TAKEN!! Greg and Toby sent me flowers (in Guatemala) for Valentine's Day

Drinking her paucha at breakfast

Exploring the underside of the table while waiting for Daddy


YEAH, Daddy's Here


Yummo, This finger is good!


Razzing Daddy


Oh, and BTW...We got her VISA!!!! Not only did they grant me a special Appointment but the also issued her visa the same day. (that is RARELY done). They even let me in after hours. they told the gaurd to let me in so I could have it today. WOW!!!

Gotta Go CELEBRATE with my hubby.



12 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, what GOOD NEWS, TINA!!

Yeah!!!

Love to know how you worked out the USE issues, but that's a story for another day.

Anonymous said...

Great news! Yes, please share what happened. We have been praying!!!
Kim Hanna

Amy said...

That is awesome news!!! When, when, when???

Guatemama said...

YEA!!!!!!!! SO happy to hear your news! Enjoy your last few days in Guatemala!
Tracy
too bad we just missed each other

Candy said...

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.Great VDAY NEWS...HUGS

Kelly said...

WOOOOOHOOOOO AWESOME NEWS!!!!bEAUTIFUL FLOWERS, BEAUTIFUL HUBBY AND SON, BEAUTIFUL DAUGHTER AND BEAUTFUL JOHN LOWELL ON A BEAUTIFUL VALENTINE'S DAY ! YEAH!

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for the updated version!

SO GLAD you have everything worked out!

When can you go home?

Happy Valentine's day to you all!!!

Guatemama said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I had to post again once I saw that you got her VISA TODAY!!!!!! AMAZING. I am so glad they didn't give you the interview today and make you wait until Tues for the visa! CONGRATS!!

leaving on a jet plane? :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I read your blog on Tuesday expecting to see that you were home. I am so glad that you were able to get everything straightened out. Someday your daughter will know what you and Greg have done to bring her home. She will love you forever.
Phyllis

Kristen Anne said...

I am so happy for you, sweetheart. So she is Kate on the passport? Is Liliana a name you guys gave her? I get so confused. I should be home after Easter - can't wait to see you guys - love you so much!
Hi Greg!

Donna said...

Now that's what I'm TALKING about!! Oh, such sweet, good news! Congratulations!

Mary Ann said...

i am soooooooooo relieved for you!
what a great V-days present!

Mary Ann