Sunday, May 18, 2008

Dinosaurs Galore

We had a very exciting day today at the Carnegie Museum of Natural History. The museum has a large collection of whole dinosaurs fossils (that aren't replicas) from a quarry discovered in 1909. The dinosaur displays are awesome and Toby thought it was really neat. He especially liked the interactive touch screen at each exhibit. And he very sweetly said hello and goodbye to each of the dinosaurs. We also took in the discovery room, the ice age exhibits, the north american animal exhibits, and the gemology room. One of the really cool parts is that the kids can become palentologists. The don eyegoggles, brushes, and chisels to work in a replica dinosaur quarry. Very cool! I have no pictures of this cause like a dumb a$$ I messed with my camera before downloading the pictures and lost everything from today. I could just kick myself. But we'll be going back soon and I'll get more then. I'll try tomorrow to get pictures of Toby with his new toys Ed the edmontosaurus and one of those dinosaur head grabby things (that he just finds hysterical).

3 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Can't wait for pics, Tina!!

Amy said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Losing pictures is so frustrating, but you have the memories and the new toys.

P.S. I LOVE that my daughter is "famous" on your bow website!

Kelly said...

You better go again soon ...I wantt to see it ! It sounds NEAT!!!