Friday, April 11, 2008

An Update Post

It's been awhile since I actually updated everyone on the kiddos, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to do it today.

TOBY:
Toby is 27lbs and 34 inches tall. He is in size 24 months clothing and size 7 shoes. However, and this is a big however, his waist is so small that pants and shorts must have adjustable waists or be fully elastic. Otherwise, well....he keeps losing his pants.
He is talking more and more. He will speak in small sentences and phrases, but some are only recognizable to me. :) He even sings along with songs now which is adorable. His favorites? Row Row Row Your Boat, the Wheels on the Bus, and of coarse Wiggles tunes and cartoo theme songs. He has figured out to use the word NO appropriately and at all the times I don't want to hear it. lol.
He is definately flexing those independent toddler muscles and I am only picking certain battles. I at least learned that during my years working with young children. He doesn't tantrum often cause he knows it's going no where, that's not to say that he doesn't get mad. He has a very lovely temper. We are working on that together.
Toby can also count to 14, but only when he wants to and he's learning his colors. Each color, according to him, corresponds to a Wiggle. So if he sees a stop sign, he'll say Murray. It's very cute and we are working on Murray=red, Anthony=Blue and so on. He can also recognize his name in print and he can name the letters. Some may think that I work with him due to my background, but in fact the opposite is true. I know not to push, we go at his pace and his readiness and I look for opportunites to "teach" in everyday play. Anyone that knows me knows that I am a Learning through Play sort of girl. It's the NAEYC way.
His current obsessions: Cars the Movie and the car toys of any kind, Nemo, Wiggles, Diego, and being outside. Oh and as I speak...dumping out every toy he has. I think it's time to downgrade.

Liliana:
Liliana is 18 lbs 6 ozs and is 26 and a half inches long. She is wearing 9 month clothing.
A few recently hit milestones:
1. She can wave back at someone who waves at her.
2. She has two teeth on the bottom and her two top teeth with the top eye teeth getting ready to cut.
3. She is getting better at napping and sleeping in general. She is no longer afraid of her room.
4. She gives kisses, but only to her Mama which is a good sign of attachment between her and I.
5. She is accepting bonding and attaching with us, and is progressing nicely. Something change between the two of us two weeks ago and it's been pretty darn good since then.
6. Physical Milestones: When I received Liliana, she could not sit up without falling over, could not put any weight on her legs, and would barely crawl. She was also behind in her oral development being able to mouth foods properly and mush and swallow the right way. After two months she has completely caught up. She is eating the right stage of food (very recently) and knows what to do with it once it's in her mouth. And can work a sippy cup for her juice. She can sit up with ease and remain sitting up without falling over. She can also bear weight on her legs. Everyday I make her stand, which she HATES with a passion. But the standing has helped strengthen hers legs and yesterday for the first time she crawled on her knees. I was so excited, but she cried the whole time because she hated the feeling and that it was new.

Well that's all that's new here. Just thought you'd all like to know how they actually are. I'm sure I will post some pics soon. Love to all.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

They are both doing sooo good!

Kim & Dave said...

Tina-your update on Lili makes me feel better about Natty, as we are having developmental issues as well, I think.

He goes to the dr. for an evaluation on Monday, & we'll see what the dr. says.