Saturday, April 5, 2008

I Need Your HELP

I'm working on starting my own bow business online so that we can have some extra income and I can continue to stay at home. I LOVE making bows, I have so much doing it. It's so nice to have a creative outlet. I also want to be able to donate some of my revenue to Guatemalan charities to help my children's birth country. So here's what I need from you guys (so to those of you that read but not comment, it's time for you to delurk please). I need help with the name. So far I've come up with....

Lil' Lili Cake's Bowtique

Princess Fussypants Bowtique, For the Fussy Princess in all of Us
or
Princess Fussypants Bowtique, For the Princess Who Wants the Best

Both are a play on Lili's nicknames since she's the reason I started making bows....but I'm open to suggestions. So please, please, pretty please, help me.

We hope to have it up and running soon, my small business consultant husband is making me do ALOT of research but he is also getting me some of his contacts to help so hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will be up and running. Stay tuned for more details.

7 comments:

Todd Kurn said...

Congrats on wanting to start a business. The first thing is to find something to base the business on and looks like you've found your concept.

Regarding the name of the business, I would recommend keeping the name short, simple and catchy. Like,

Lili's Bowtique
Lil's Bowtique
Lil Lil's Bowtique
LilLil's Bowtique,
Bows by Lili
Bows by Tina
Baby Bows by Lil, etc.

To get started online, have you thought about E-bay?

Amy said...

Girl...you know I will be a customer! You do a great job on the bows, and I just can't motivate myself to do it. I like the first title the cake bowtique one.

Kelly said...

Shoot I don't know but I hope you are ready for my order LOL

Kristen Anne said...

I vote something like Lili's Bowtique, since you may also be selling to older girls - cheerleaders and dancers are great customers. Guat Bows?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV de Plasma, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-de-plasma.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

De-lurking here. My daughter Izzy was at the baby home with Toby, and we met at lunch at Max and Erma's last year right after he came home.
I like the first name best.
I can't wait til you get started. I will definitely purchase from you. I make bows too, but not as fancy as yours! Your Big Red bows were adorable (take that as a huge compliment coming from an Edison alum :)!)
NiCole

Kim & Dave said...

I wondered if you would do this....as you obviously have a lot of talent!

Count me in!!!

Bows by Lili is good, especially if you want to sell to older girls, like one of you commenters mentioned!