Saturday, January 5, 2008

Wow What a Day

Our new portable dishwasher. We are super excited as it means we will have more Daddy time in the evenings (dishwashing is his chore). We have not had a diswasher in nearly 3 years. We drove all the way to Pittsburgh today only to be told they don't carry any in stock so we bought one at our local Lowes instead. Isn't that the way it always works. : )

Toby's new musical potty. I bought this tonight cause Toby has been interested and he LOVES any musical so I thought it would be an incentive. I figured he could just sit on it whenever he felt like it and I wouldn't push. Well while I was changing him for bed he decided he wanted to try it. I told him if he peed it would play music, well that was all it took. He got up and down for 15 minutes and then he peed and it played. He was so excited. He kept going on and off for another 15 minutes. i was in the bathroom forever! Even more exciting then the music was getting to help me put it in the toliet and washing his hands. I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings. He is getting SO big!


Mimi sent these beautiful clothes for Liliana. I love them and can't wait to wear them on her. Oh and Tia Jo thanks for the leopard print one. It's adorable! They are definately coming to Guatemala with me in a few weeks.

Thanks to Lianne and Rob for giving us the gift card that bought all of this for Liliana. We were able to get her Puffs, an outfit, two different set of socks, a package of tights, Aveeno baby wash, a package of onesies, two head bands and two head wraps. Tons of fun. I just can't wait!!!

We also went Ikea-ing. Toby loves Ikea and he had to pint out all the stuff that is in his room. We bought a new duvet cover for our bed and an alternative down comforter to put in his duvet cover to help keep him warmer at night. He really enjoyed snuggling up in it. If I can ever get the upstairs cleaned (to the point where I'd be willing to show the rest of the world) I'll show you what they look like.

3 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Big happenings in the Rice household, I see!

:-)

Unknown said...

Nice dishwasher Yea for Greg.That be nice to get him potty train . And our Liliana is going to be soooocute in her outfit. I loved the kitty and I know Toby would to for his baby sister.Love Ya Toby I Miss Ya Tia Jo

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how much time certain appliances actually free up. Greg should be doing cartwheels, but you'll have to find another chore for him to do (ha-ha).

Glad to hear something is starting with the potty. We're not quite there yet other than sitting him on it while the bath is being run to see if anything happens.