Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Make the Jackhammering STOP!!

Edited to add in Liliana's new measurements: Height 25.6 inches Weight 16.5 pounds

Bet you're wondering why I'm talking about jackhammers. Well, I'll tell you....

Yesterday was the first day of waterproofing our basement. The crew spent the day jackhammering a 6 inch deep trough around the perimeter of my basement. And the jackhammering isn't finished yet. Now while all this was going on we had another person on our roof knocking off our slightly skewed and troubled chimney. Talk about NOISE!! Jackhammers, regular hammers, saws, pounding, digging, banging, pounding...Can someone say Excederin! I'm amazed Toby even got the half hour nap he got. On the plus side the jackhammering should be short lived today and then it's on to installing some system in the trench that will collect any water that does happen to get in. Thank goodness because because our basement stinks!!! And when it's really bad we can smell it upstairs. This treatment should also considerably help our allergies. Here are some pics of the basement and two of my silly boys.




The worst wall in the basement.


The Trench

The unfinished trench


Oh No! Greg has Sticker Pox!


And it's Contageous!

Come back later when I plan on posting video of Toby and Lili's completed room. Here's a sneak peak:

A close up of my curtain embellishments. They are Guatemalan Worry Dolls.

The whole curtain. They are the kind you tie to the length you want.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noise for you right now, silence for me since I won't have to listen to you about the water running through the basement. The big down side is that I was planning on trout fishing in the spring and even inviting Pap Pap for MO to join me.

Love
Dad

Kelly said...

Yay no more rivers.I love the curtains, they are awesome!!!! I need to e-mail you my wish list, I have been so busy taking care of the lil' nugget I haven't had time. I will tonight. Anyway I am so excited for you!!!! YAY 7 days away!!!

P.S. I tagged you...AGAIN! Go to my blog for the scoop if you DARE LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Sump Pump Club! Our house had one when we moved in.

On the bright side - you will have a dry basement that you can actually use without fear of flooding.

Kim & Dave said...

I really love the curtains, Tina!!!