Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tuesday's Toddler Tip...and a couple of pictures

Today's tip is Easy Snowflakes.
To make them you will need coffee filters, paintbrushes, and paint. For the paint, watercolor works best. I made mine from a couple drops of food coloring and water. If you only have tempra, you can put one-two drops in some water and mix.


1. Let them paint a few coffee filters however they want with the paint. Set them on some paper or paper towels to dry.

2. After it dries completely, you are going to fold it as shown above. It should look like a piece of pizza when you are done.

3. Now here's where you can do one of two things. You can cut the shapes into the coffee filter and create the snowflake or if you have children's scissors you can let them do it. We did a combination. I held and turned the filter so Toby could cut it...he got slightly discouraged however cause they are not the easiest to cut, so I finished. Lili didn't get the option of cutting.

Here's what they look like when they're done.


And now for a couple of pics from Saturday of my sweet kiddos:











3 comments:

Kelly said...

Love this idea. I cannot believe how big Lilly is getting and Toby is so handsome!

Mama Bear said...

I loved "Lili's CHEESE" instead of color!!! too cute. What a great idea. Thanks for sharing. I have it saved as I'm always looking for some fun things for the kids to do where I don't have to search the computer for hours and hours to find some!!!

Donna said...

Love the idea! What a fun project. Since we NEVER get snow here, we had a improptu snowball fight today by throwing large marshmallows at one another! So, we may be making your snowflakes, soon, too!
Toby and Lilly are just as cute as evah!