Monday, January 19, 2009

A Case of the Sickies

Well I had my first trip to the ER for one of my children last night. Liliana had a fever of 104.3 and was having a hard time sleeping and breathing because of her congestion that I decided to take her. Mom came with me and we were in and out in under an hour. Not too shabby...it was 12:30 in the morning however. The ER doctor (who btw was the nicest guy ever) diagnosed her with an ear infection and conjunctivitis (pink eye). We had our follow up this morning with our doctor. He said a severe sinus infection is what caused her ear infection and the pink eye. Fantastic.....ahhhhh, not so much. My poor baby girl is completely congested. She can't breathe all that well laying down so she takes brief naps on my chest. She is VERY irratable and is a Mommy beast. She wants nothing to do with anyone but me....not even NaNa. She is constantly snotting and oozing. It's horrible. Her fever has remained pretty high, going only as low as 102. It is absolutely no fun at all. Thank goodness Greg is off today so he can hang out with Toby. Not quite sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mama Bear said...

ahhh, poor baby girl. I sure hope she feels better soon. We've been fighting the "sickies" since Halloween and it sure isn't fun. COME ON SPRING!

Kim & Dave said...

Poor little sweetie! Just keep saying to yourself, "This will help our bonding. This will help our bonding. This will help our bonding!"

I know how scary those high fevers are!

Praying for you guys!