Monday, September 22, 2008

It was totally wicked!!!!

For those of you not familiar with the above slang.....it was FANTASTIC!!!! I absolutely loved it. It differed from the book, and not just in what they omitted. The musical changed the whole ending. I liked the musical version's ending better, but that was because it ended very fairytale like where as the book was more a realistic (and by realistic I mean not happily ever after-ish). The costumes and the set designs were beautiful. And the girls that played Elphaba and Glinda were superb! I liked it so much I added two of my favorite songs from the night to the playlist on the right. Look for Defying Gravity and For Good in the playlist if you want to give them a listen. (You'll have to hit the skip button until they pop up, as you can no longer scroll down the list due to it's placement.) As for pictures they were STRICTLY FORBIDDEN, like they would of confiscated my camera....I love it too much for that to happen. So you will have to settle for the two I got to take.

A blurry pic of the stage with a dragon and the map of OZ. Yes we were high, but not nearly as high as you could be.


After the show, while we were waiting for the bus to leave. It was great taking a bus. No need to worrying about driving, traffic, or parking. And best yet I was able to enjoy a drink with mu Mom....I NEVER get to do that. i'm always the DD.

No pics of the kids. I didn't have the camera charged until right before the show. So in the words of my high school spanish teacher.... SUFRA!

6 comments:

Donna said...

Wow - I wanna go on a bus trip to see a musical and share a drink with my mom! ;-)

Sounds like a great time and I got to catch up on your last post. You're my hero - what great activities for Toby! It looks like he really enjoys them as well.

J-momma said...

hi. i came to your blog from the adoption.com forums. i also love the musical Wicked. i read the book too. have you read any of the sequels?

Anonymous said...

I LOVE loved Wicked i just knew you would too!!!!!!!

Hugs,Leslie

Kathy said...

So glad you had a great time with your mother!

junglemama said...

I have been menaing to tak emy kids to a play. It sound slike this one was awesome.

Our Family of 5 said...

Sounds like you and mom had a great time. I think you should make it a once a month thing=)