Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm 30!

I had an excellent birthday weekend! Saturday I went out with Greg, David, and a couple of our friends. We were supposed to go to dinner at PF Chang's and then go to Phatom Fright Nights at Kennywood. The wait was forever long at PF Chang's and some of the other nicer restaurants so we ended up at Red Robin. I was quite happy with that however cause I pretty much only get RR twice a year when I'm out in Missouri. When we were finished with dinner, we went outside and of course it was raining so no Kennywood for me. Instead we went to Dave and Busters where we shot pool and played games. It was a good time. Sunday was my actual birthday. I got to sleep in and Greg did most of the parenting which was really nice. Greg got me a back massager (yippee, it will be welll used) and the kids (with the help of daddy) made me a book. The title....Why Our Mommy is the Most Awesomest Blossomest Opossomest (a rating system that Greg and I made up years ago based on a project I was doing at the time) in the Whole Wide World. I can't load up the pages and they wouldn't have photographed well but here's what each page said....page 1:She Loves to Play, page 2: She loves us when we are all pouty faced, page 3: She even loves the terrifying Toby Wonster and Lili Zilla, page 4: She loved us before she ever met us, page 5:Most of all she loves us way up to God and back...We love you too mama, Happy Bday. It came complete with pictures and the paper background was created by the kiddos. Isn't that SO sweet. I was crying the whole way through.


Later we went to dinner at my parents house. Mom made me Chicken Cordon Bleu....YUMMY!!! with green beans and potatoes and tomato salad. It was incredibly good! Then it was cake and present time. Godfather got me a fenton basket that is beautiful. Mom and Dad got me the 25th Anniversary Cabbage Patch dolls complete with their own patch. This may not seem like a gift for a 30 year old, but I collect them. I have like 30 of them some still in their original boxes. So it was a very cool gift. They are sitting in my hutch where they will be safe! :) Okay enough of me talking, here are the pictures.




Click to play A Celebration
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday! Love the pics and the gift from the kiddos (aka Greg) sounds sooooo sweet. Matt could take some lessons from Greg. He is just not that creative.

Anonymous said...

OMG you are soo young!!I hate young people!! LOL

Happy birthday!!!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!!!!It looks like you had a blast!!! Give them kiddos of yours some lov'in for me :)

Unknown said...

HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY Tina, Oh if I could be that again. Enjoy every minute of it.Greg you and the kids did good. Loved the picture wish we lived closer to help celebrate. All of us from Missouri would of help you.Love and kisses and a big hug from Aunt Joanna

Mama Bear said...

OMG happy happy happy birthday!!! What a wonderful time and loved the pictures :-)
Rhonda

Kim & Dave said...

Glad to hear all about your fun weekend!!!