Friday, September 19, 2008

FFF: Hope

As you can see this week's theme is hope. I however have no pictures that scream HOPE to me. So instead I am going way off topic and doing a hodgepodge post. I have some pics and some other stuff to share and I will pretty much be occupied over the weekend so now seems like the perfect time.

Yesterday I did some learning through play activities with Toby. He loved them. Once I make it to the teachers store I will be doing more of them. As the wether gets colder we will need something to do...so I am going to take my years of expereince and do something with it. Here he is painting in shaving cream. This is not for children who still eat everything (notice that the princess was napping at the time. If you want to do it wih them too whipped cream works better). The activity can be used for just play, color mixing, or shape, number, letter recognition. This is definately a time when you as the adult will also have to get your hands dirty. I drew shapes, pictures, and his name and he told me what they were. We had loads of fun and my table sparkled afterward.

Here he is beading with colored pasta. We made bracelets. He just had to make one for each of us. Very cute. To make the colored pasta (or rice for that matter)....place the pasta in a ziploc bag, add a capful of rubbing alcohol and some food coloring. Mix up the contents and spread it out on a paper towel to dry. Makes as much or as little as you want. Again make sure your little one doesn't eat the pasta or the rice.

*************
In order to be equal opportunity, here are some pictures of my sweet girl

Here's Liliana playing peek a boo with Toby

My sweet princess

****************

In other news, I bought the best jeans ever! Levi's perfectly slimming jeans. Let me tell you ladies these are so comfortable and they fit great. Definately worth the price I paid for them. Run, don't walk, to get a pair.

****************

In even better news, My Mom and myself are headed out on Sunday for a special treat. We are going to see WICKED!!!!! I have read the book and loved it, but to get to see the musical. Now that is s special treat. I absolutely love musicals so i am very excited about this. Greg used to take me all the time when we lived in Pittsburgh. The last one we went to see was Beauty and the Beast put on by the Pittsburgh Playhouse. It was very good. Some of my other favs were Suessical and Bring in Da Noise, Bring in Da Funk and Big River. When we went to see Big River, we had no idea it was being done by the deaf acting company, Truly FANTASTIC and so very moving. I can't wait for Sunday now,

****************

And lastly, this whole post is coming from one sleep deprived Mama. Toby is cutting the last of his 2 year molars, both top ones at once.....yeah and boo hiss all at once. So he is either a whiny mess or a grouchy wonster. Not sure which one I like better, they both are exasperating. Liliana also is just not right though I cannot pinpoint why. She is not running a fever and I cannot see or feel any new teeth. Her eyes seem puffy and dull, so it could be allergies. And her sleeping is completely off track. She woke up screaming at 4:15-4:30 this morning and didn't go back to sleep for 30 minutes. Then as soon as I laid her down she screamed her lovely head off. In the process waking up EVERYONE. It was at least another 30-45 minutes before I got her back to sleep. Then it was back up at 7 after just falling back to sleep. I am so tired I think I might take a nap today. lol

Here's hoping that today is a better day and this weekend is even better!

10 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such a nice mommy to let him play in the shaving cream like that! Also, I am so jealous you get to see Wicked. I want to see it so bad! You'll have to post how you liked it.

Debbie said...

Have a great time at Wicked!!!!! And I will look up the jeans!!

Debbie

Rebekah said...

Great pictures! And Great indoor activity fun! And although you may not think these pictures scream HOPE ... I see Hope in the faces of your children simply by looking at them! THey are beautiful and thanks for sharing!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2

Kathy said...

Looks like a lot of fun. John's pre-school uses colored rice in the sensory table.

Toby looks very serious making the pasta bracelets and Lili is too cute playing peek a boo!

Enjoy Wicked! And did you say "slimming" jeans?? I need a pair or 10 of those!!! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

What cuties you have!! The shaving cream looked like lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

OH i better get me some of those jeans!!!!!

Wicked is sooooooooo amazing you are going to love it!!!!!!

Love the new pictures of the babies this week!!!!!

Hugs,leslie

Robyn said...

What fun activities!! The pics are adorable!!

Robyn

Our Family of 5 said...

I am running to look for the jeans!! If they are slimming then I am right on that. Kiddos are as adorable as ever. Hope they are both back to normal quickly. Hope you and your Mom have a great time!

Leanne said...

Great ideas and pictures too.

Uh, could you move up the tune player though...by the time I scrolled down and found it EVERYONE knew I was blogging instead of working. Opps. :)

Kim & Dave said...

How did I miss this??? I LOVE the pics!!!