Thursday, November 20, 2008

My new favorite.....

websites are recipe sites. I LOVE to cook. It is by far one of my favorite things to do, and I love trying new and different recipes. I have tons of recipes of Rachel Rays and South Beach that I really enjoy cooking and eating, but lots of times I want something that I know everyone will eat. Someday I'll share some of those with you but today is not the day. Today is all about recipe sites. I love typing in what I want to eat and having so many recipes at my disposal. I also love to read the comments to see how people have changed them. And because I love all of you, I am going to share some of my favorites. These are not all healthy dishes but rather dishes that my whole family will actually eat. One of the reasons I like to make things is because I can control what goes in them. I have taken the recipes and found the low/no fat ingredients that correspond and the recipes still taste delicious. Here are some of my favs....

Deserts First...because they are the best part :)
Bread Pudding...I love this one because it's so versitle...I am always changing what I put in it
Pumpkin Fluff

Dinners
Salisbury Steak...the changes people made to this one in the comments is worth the read
Pork Chops and Pierogies...my new fav...so good even my uber picky brother loved it
Mexican Chicken...SOOOOO simple
Chicken Crunch...add some mixed vegetables and it's a good substitute for Chicken Pot Pie
Maple Glazed Pork chops
Clam Chowder

So there you go, some of my favs....cook one of them up this weekend. Right now my big food project is an Ice Cream Cake for Toby's bday party this weekend. The boy doesn't like cake so why make it. Instead I am laying graham crackers, strawberry ice cream, and vanilla ice cream together into what is hopefully a delicious Ice Cream Cake...and the icing will be tinted whipped cream with our buddy Wubbzy in the middle....wish me luck. And I hope you enjopy at least one of these recipes.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Yum...I printed out the mexican chicken and salisbury steak! Dinners are already planned out for this week, but I will include these next week.

Thanks for sharing. I am always looking for great recipes.

Have you ever tried the meatloaf recipe on the Lipton (dry) onion soup box? We LOVE it!!!