Saturday, July 26, 2008

SUCCESS!!

In what you ask? Toby made it ALL day today with no accidents. He stayed completely dry and even initiated potty use himself at times without me telling him. After a month of "potty training" (evidently very poorly on my part), I broke down and bought the potty training book from Thepottytrainer.com. After reading it, I put her plan into action. It only took Toby two days to really get it. Yesterday (the third day) he made it 11 hours with no accidents (even that one was a minor one) and even stayed dry throughout our Walmart shopping excursion. Then today he went potty by himself several times, stayed dry throughout our visit at NaNa and PapPap's, and he even remained dry through dinner out. I am just amazed it only took days to get him to this point. Seriously, if you are comtemplating potty training or aren't ahving any success, go to the website, for $7 you can get a plan of action and be on your way in days. It's awesome!

I know there will still be accidents. And according to the book, it will take about two weeks for him to be fully trained. But right now I am really enjoying not having to change two diapers each time. And I think that Toby is enjoying being a big boy and is really proud. Okay I'm done bragging about my "big" boy.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute look and WOOOOHOOOO Toby!!

Amy said...

Go Toby!!! I remember how exciting it was when Brayden potty trained...the $$$ saved on diapers alone!!! I have to be honest and say that we are not 100% there yet, but getting closer every day.

Keep it up BIG BOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the potty training....OMG im not looking forward to training Abby!!!! Not fun!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We are going through the painful process right now. What makes matters worse is that he knows the word "NO" and screams it defiantly when we try to get him to use the potty.