Monday, July 7, 2008

It's a Croc-a-gator! (Edited at the bottom)

Today Toby, Liliana, and myself went with NaNa to Wheeling's The Good Zoo. It was the perfect day and we had a blast! Thanks NaNa!!!!

Ride Train Now Mommy? Toby tried really had to be patient while waiting for the train.


Why are we still waiting?

Up close and personal with a Spectacled Bear


Lili and NaNa enjoying the bear


Stealing Toby's drink...it was really hot.


Oooo Loraketes


The Lorakete was getting frisky with NaNa

Liliana LOVED the birds, so NaNa picked her up so she could get a closer view


Hi Lorakete...Toby liked them so much that was what he chose in the gift shop.


African Wild Dogs taking a nap


Lili liked them too.


She did not however like the goats. They kept gnawing on the stroller and she started to cry, so we left the yard.

Feeding the Llama...we always do cause he never gets any lovin from the kiddos


Toby's favorite place...the resource room with the play zoo. I always ask him what each of the animals are...when he came to the crocodile he wasn't sure if it was a crocodile or an alligator, so he called it a croc-a-gator. Very creative. After the first time however he decided it was an alligator.


This is her Who Me? expression...cause I asked her what she was doing...too Cute!


Leavin the zoo, if you look really close you'll see his Lorakete.

In other news, my son has been on a hunger strike for days. Not unusual really, he has always been difficult eater. He's been really good as of late however until a couple of days ago when he just wanted nothing. Then last night he cried at bed. Not the norm anymore. Then this morning he was really really congested so I decided to check his mouth. Now every other time I have checked his mouth when he seemed off, there was nothing. I have cried the two year molar wolf a couple of times now so I don't know why I checked this time. But after coaxing him to open his mouth, there it was...the left bottom two year molar. Eureka! At 31.5 months old we have our first two year molar coming in. And man does it look disgusting and very painful. I have no clue if any others are coming in because Toby is not keen on the let me check your teeth game. So he is now medicated and more comfortable. And Mommy gets a much more pleasant boy.

I got a good glimpse inside his mouth today...both bottom molars are coming in. It must be painful because he's slightly moody and very clingy. The right molar is in alittle more than the left one. Tooth cutting for him goes on for one to two weeks per tooth, so I have some time left. Yippee! I just can't contain my excitement. ;)



5 comments:

Amy said...

Great pics...looks like everyone had a great time at the zoo!

Sorry to hear that Toby isn't feeling so well because of his teeth. Brayden WILL NOT let me look in his mouth, so I am nto entirely sure if his two-year-old molars are in or not. I suppose I should check, huh? I hope Toby's teeth cut through and his discomfort subsides sooner than later.

Anonymous said...

Great zoo pics!!!
Abby is getting her 2 year molars and she has been sooo mean for months now! This too shall pass then on to the next stage..LOL

Kelly said...

IIIIII Yi Yi !!! Sky is on her last 2 year molar. It stinks !!! She is cranky thrown in with her usual sass..Fun Fun lili looks beautiful

Kim & Dave said...

Yep....I remember his teething nighmare in Guatemala.

Pobrecito!!!

Love his new word, too!

Kathy said...

The zoo looks like fun! Poor Toby! Hope his molars come in quickly. John won't let me look at all and I learned the hard way not to stick my finger in his mouth!