Saturday, September 29, 2007

Birthday Card For My Wife (WARNING - Extreme Sap, and a tad bit lengthy)

I am in Guatemala City and can't really leave the hotel much so I was not able to get my wonderful wife a birthday card. So, I figured, why not post one to her on her favorite website...her blog! Believe me, Hallmark won't be calling, but I hope to accomplish two goals - one, make her cry (have to do it at least once a year, although warning her upfront probably won't help my cause. I will make her post on the blog if I am successful or not) and two, let all of you know how great I think she is (I hope you all agree - if so, then feel free to comment and let us know - if not, then I would keep it to yourself or you may find yourself under attack by a bear, a bull and a flower (I know a flower is not very scary, but Lili has not developed her destructive personality yet - maybe she can be a poisonous flower (or even a "Feed Me Seymour" kind of flower...now that is scary! (if you are not my wife this whole aside probably does not make much sense to you, but get used to it, you will find a number of silly things below. A little insight into how grown up we are, not to mention my lack of sleep the past couple of days.)))) I don't think I have ever used 4 parentheses in a sentence before, anyway, onto the card!



To my love on her birthday (and heck, our anniversary too (now, now women out there, before you jump to conclusions, I did not forget our anniversary, she told me not to get her a card)),



I wanted to write you a few lines to let you know why I love you even more today, then the day that I married you (or shortly before your 25th birthday - to stick with the birthday theme)



I love you because when I asked you what you thought about me going back to school, you encouraged me too, even though you knew how much it would take me away from you, not to mention bring out my G-Bearness (inside joke)



I love you because of the sacrifices that you have made so that I can attend those classes. I know that the burden of a lot more work, effort and emotional challenges fall on you because I have to dedicate so much time to school, yet you don't complain. Instead you do the dishes and take out the trash for me, and I love you for it.



I love you because you are the most amazing mother to my children (plural! - I still can't get over how awesome that is). You put your whole being into raising Toby (and soon Lili) and I thank God every day for blessing me with such a capable, compassionate and strong woman to rear (another inside joke) my Little Toro and Baby Girl.



I love you because you put Toby and Lili first, before yourself, even before me. I have a selfish nature, and I need that from you sometimes.



I love you because of the look in your eyes and smile on your face when you first held Toby and Lili.



I love you because of how much you touch the lives of all of the children that you come into contact with. Gi, Nate, Livie and Rianin just to name a few.



I love you because when I mess up (and I mean really mess up) you don't attack, but instead are understanding, and genuinely put me ahead of your own feelings.



I love you because of your smile in our favorite wedding picture. It melts my heart every time I see it. I can't wait to see that same smile when Toby graduates, or Lili gets married (don't expect that anytime soon, she is not dating until she's thirty! No fears though, your smile will still be just as pretty at 58. I am sure that it will still have the same effect on me too)



I love you because I have been to Guatemala City 3 times since our wedding day. A place that never really crossed my mind prior to that. Little did I know that it held the two greatest treasures of my life.



I love you because you are the most awesomest blossomest pausumest! (Yet another inside joke)



I love you because of your deep relationship with God. It shows in everything that you do and it brings me closer to him.



I love you for living in Wiggley Land 24/7 because it makes my son happy.



I love you for coming to Pitt games with me and the season ticket crew. It means a lot to me to share those experiences with you.



I love you because you love my friends as your own. I think by this time most of them like you more then me. But that's OK, it's well deserved.



Let me conclude this birthday/anniversary card by saying that these last two days in Guatemala have been amazing. Spending time with you Toby and Lili has reminded me of how blessed I am to have the three of you in my life. And sitting in the hotel lobby typing this, I realize that none of this would have every happened without you. Your love has brought me more happiness then I could have ever imagined. It is hard to put into words, but if you are ever curious of the way that I feel about you, think about my Betrothal to you at our Engaged Encounter Weekend. Not so much the words, all though they are truer today then ever, but the emotion that poured out of me as I read it to you. I know I don't show it much, but that is how powerful my love is for. It is much deeper than words. I love you.

Oh yeah, and Feliz Cumpleanos Ustead!



Oops, and Happy Anniversary too.




And Toby says "Wuv U Momma"



And Lili says..............well not much, she is not really talking yet. But she does bat those beautiful brown eyes at you. How am I ever going to say no to those eyes?????? I know, if she asks to go on a date - How old are you? 29, nope sorry but you have to wait one more year.



Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this sweetie. Happy Birthday! RAR Rar rar!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am putting this in the comment section cause by no means do I want to burry my husband's post under mine. It is 5:12 in the morning here and I have been up for an hour with both kids. I sit to read the blog cause I KNEW he was up to somnething....He succeeded in his goal of making me cry. Bawl is more like it. I absolutely positively KNOW that I am THE LUCKIEST WOMAN IN THE WORLD to be masrried to this man. Him and my children our my life and I would have it NO other way. I love you all the way to God and back my Oso. THANK YOU a million times over for my online card, your love, our son, our daughter, and my birthday trip to guatemala.

Tina (S. Tortuga)

Kim & Dave said...

Ok, now I'm officially bawling!!!!

I'm so happy for you guys that I'm already emotional, but when I clicked on your blog & read this, & then your response to Greg's post, the tears started to flow!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tina!!! Hope that the reat of your stay in GC is outstanding, & don't have too much fun w/out us!!!

Kristen and the Gang said...

Ok...I came here looking for pics of these beautiful kids and I got eyes full of tears! I just have to ask..does that man give classes on how to sweet talk a wife or what!! I am very impressed! You are one lucky lady! I hope your trip is going great and is amazing!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday Tina !!! You have a sweet husband !!

Kelly said...

OMG you guys SUCK, I am crying again !!!I read the pics part above first and you guys have made me cry.I know I haven't known you for long but I feel so lucky to have met you and I look forward to getting to know your husband too. We met in a tradgedy for your family but we made a friendship out of it. For that I feel blessed.I just adore your family and may God bless you everyday of your lives.YOU BEAUTIFUL SAPPY PEOPLE!!