Monday, September 17, 2007

3 years ago...

On a very wet Friday evening my Husband and I were married. For those of you that were not around then, recalling what made this a beautiful mess might be necessary. Hurricane Ivan had just damaged our honeymoon destination (Jamaica mon) a few days before and had come up through the gulf. It was still a tropical depression as it made it's way into the Ohio Valley. It was suppose to rain, we knew that, but no of us expected what happened (9 to 11 inches of rain and extreme flooding). By three o clock when our pictures were suppose to be taken, people were noticeably missing from the church. It was flooding from Pittsburgh all the way down to Steubenville and causing mudslides and such so that roads were closed or partially blocked. Half the family wasn't there yet. It continued to rain and flood and I was getting anxious. No one would let me out of the back of the church so I had no idea who had made it and who hadn't. We delayed the wedding by an hour. We also had lost our pianist to the rains. So with a phone call or two from my Mom's new boss we ended up with vionlists, a cellist, a guitarist, a pianist, and four soloists instead of one. I really lucked out on that one and the music was BEAUTIFUL. Btw, our pianist made it for the last two songs and my grandparents (in from MO) made it in time to hear my vows. My Aunt and Uncle (also in from MO) never made it along with most of the people that lived in Pittsburgh. Once the wedding started I was very excited that it was actually going to happen that night. Our reception was also delayed and our DJ couldn't make it, so a friend of ours did the DJing. He did a very good job for being put on the spot. Here are some pictures from that day. These are pictures of pictues. i haven't been able to pull some of the digital pictures off the other computer (and I'll add those later if I can) so bear with me on the quality.

The Happy Couple

Finally allowed to kiss at the Sign of Peace

What handsome men! Ladies some of them are still "available." LOL

My Girls! Gentlemen all of these Lovely ladies are taken. Sorry.


Still raining at 7:30 pm It took three of my bridesmaids to hold up my dress so it didn't get ruined and Daryl was kind enough to make sure I didn't get wet.

This is one of our favorite pictures. It was "caught" by the photographer during the toast.
I LOVE YOU GREGORY!! HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY!

4 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, Tina! Loved the post so much it almost made me cry! You both look so happy. You're beautiful & he looks so in love!

September is such a good month for weddings, don't you think? Our 9th anniversary will be the 26th!!! Love that man of mine! Boy, time flies when you're hving fun!!!

Kim & Dave said...

How funny! I was just looking at your blog, when I got an e-mail saying you had posted! "Hi," back to Greg. BTW, Dave loves loking at your blog & he thinks your little girl is ALMOST as cute as his little girls. (his words) :-)

Kelly said...

What a beautiful wedding for such a shitty day. You looked gorgeous!!! Happy anniversary lovely LADY !!!!

Baby John's Crib said...

While the weather may have sucked, it still looks like a beautiful day!