Tuesday, September 4, 2007

And the diagnosis is...

drum roll please....Tonsilitis and tendonitis. Well all my aching over the weekend along with the sore throat is from my good friend tonsilitis. I have gotten this at least once a year since I began teaching. I had rathered hoped that since I am not teaching this year that it would pass me by, but alas, NO! Evidently Toby germs work the same way as preschooler germs. lol. Here's to hoping that Toby doesn't get it since I had to wait 3 days from the onset of the illness to get diagnosed since it was a holiday weekend. While at the doctor I had him check my wrist since it has been causing me pain. Evidently, I have "Mommy's wrist" or more commonly called tendonitis in the tendon that attaches to my thumb and my wrist. He said I agrevated it by lifting and carrying Toby. Who knew? So I thought while I was waiting for my prescription to be ready... (Which will not be ready for at least a half an hour. They wanted me to wait in the store achy and sick with a cranky toddler for 30+ mins, are they nuts? So I'm going back when Toby wakes up from his nap.)... I would write all of you cause I know you were all just dying to know what was making me sick. LOL.
__________________________________________________________
Even though I am sick, we had Greg's parents and Uncle down yesterday for alittle while. We all went out to eat (I certainly wasn't cooking) and then came back to our house for about an hour or so. They only get to see Toby about once a month, so it was nice to see Toby starting to warm up to them. Here are some pics.

Toby in the bushel basket. Why you ask? We have absolutely no clue, but it sure is cute!

Toby with his Grandma.

Anyone for Dip 'n' Sticks?Toby had the great idea to take a stick, dip it in the old flagpole hole and then eat the dirt.


"Toby let Mommy see." "Ahhh" was the response I received.



Friends don't let friends drink and drive....this is what could happen. Toby loves his 4x4 that his Mimi and Great Grandpap got him. The only problem being that he still can't stear it yet. Add that to him getting a drink from hi sippy cup and it turns into a head on collision with Mommy's car. Too funny.



A close up pic of Greg and I. I usually hate these, but this one is kinda cute.


He just HAD to put his feet up like Mommy and Daddy. He is so funny! The pic isn't that great but if you look closely you can see a camo bear. Toby's Grandpa brought that too him from his trip to California. It has his infantry's division symbol on the front of it. Very cute!


Toby finally warmed up near the end to sit with them and play. He was fascinated by his Grandpa's pens.

Well that's all for today folks. If I receive a Liliana update this week I'll let you know. Last week we were getting registered and translated so hopefully we will have our family court dates soon!

Edited to add: GUATEMALA HERE WE COME!!!! Our Visit Trip has gotten approved. Yippee! I get to spend my birthday with both of my beautiful children. I am so very blessed!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG have a great trip And what a great birthday you are going to have. YAY!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to the Adoption.com forum I was introduced to your blog. We are also adopting a baby girl that we are naming Liliana and we're getting ready to go on our visit trip as well. Don't know when you're birthday is, so I don't know when you'll be there, but if it's sometime between October 4 - 11 and you're staying at the Westin, we might see you there.