Monday, December 22, 2008

Two Years Ago Today....

After a delayed flight and lost baggage, we entered the Marriott and there in the lobby was our attorney, her mother, and my baby boy waiting for us. We talked awhile and I let him play while getting used to us. After some time Sharon told me it was time, I picked Toby up, we said our good byes and we walked into our forever. It was a day I will never forget....in fact those four weeks I spent in Guatemala waiting for his BC, passport, and embassy appointment are deeply embedded on my soul. The people, the places, the time of year, everything. I hold it all so dear to me. Four weeks of bonding with my new son in his home country...incredible. We don't celebrate today because there is just too much going on with Christmas, instead we celebrate the day we touched down and began our life as a family at home in Ohio. But today, today was the day I officially became a Mom.



Exploring Mommy's suitcase


Looking a little dazed...recognize anyone in the background? Hi Beckie and Elania

He's been a Momma's boy since the moment they placed him in my arms

My Santa Baby

Gettin some lovin from his Daddy











5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! I so agree with you about how precious the time spent in Guatemala was. I spent three weeks with Brayden at the Marriott, and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING! It was just AMAZING!

Enjoy remembering all of the precious memories and have a fun day!

Kim & Dave said...

Yep!!! That time is FOREVER embeded in some of my most precious memories!!! & how fun that we could share some memories together!

There's the little boy I remember! When DID he get soooo big?!?!

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, & hope he's feeling better!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe how small he was.

Mama Bear said...

Oh what awesome pictures. LOVE them and what great memories. We had the same experience and four weeks at the Marriott with our first adoption. It is amazing how much bonding you get when you do that. Happy Holidays.