Sunday, December 21, 2008

The Holiday Version Meme

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Both. Too much Egg Nog makes me sick, however. I can drink hot cocoa all night long.

Does Santa wrap presents or set them under the tree?
Santa wraps the presents with a different wrapping paper for each child
Colored lights on tree or white?
White...I hate colored light on a tree.

When do you put your decorations up?
The first weekend of Advent. Although this year it was more like a little every day. The kiddos don't make it easy to decorate. They are usuasally following behind me undecorating. lol

What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
The glazed ham. Maybe that's because it's the one dish that I get to make that everyone loves. No complaints. In fact they MAKE me make it. And it tastes pretty good if I do say so myself.
Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Our neighbor down the street and my great uncle used to pull a very large sleigh around the neighborhood playing christmas music and giving out candy canes to the children. They used to come and carry us out in our pjs to get them. And my Grandma's house...I have fantastic memories of Christmas at Grandma's. It's not the same this year without her.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I was around 10 or 11. My parents went to great lengths to make sure we believed. Such as red long underwear caught in the bottom of the chimney and dirt by the fireplace. My brother (who is younger) was the one who caught them. The door to the attic is in his room and he pretended to be asleep, he caught them brining down all the gifts. Oops.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
We used to all of Grandma's on Christmas eve, but then she moved the party day. So my brother and I exchange now.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Well now, I leave off the really breakable ornaments. I put mine near the top and I let the kiddos put theirs and the non breakables where they'd like. I only move them when there are too many on one branch and the poor branch looks like it's gonna break. And we top it all off with the Holy Family on top.

Snow... Love it or Dread it?
LOVE IT!!!!!
Can you ice skate?
Didn't learn until I was a junior in high school and I haven't been ice skating in at least 8 years so it's anyone's guess if I can still skate.
Do you remember your favorite gift?
From childhood: probably my teddy bear and my huffy bike...I also really remember getting my stereo. Recently: Greg has gotten some really good ones. He made me a video that I loved. The year that we started Toby's adoption but hadn't gotten his refferal yet, Greg got me a pillow and a baby blanket made in Guatemala. His goal every year is to make me cry. He ususally succeeds.
What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Being with family... and the desserts lol
What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Big, huge fan of all the cookies!

What is your favorite tradition?
Hanging out with the extended fam on Christmas Eve and then going to Christmas mass with my family.
Which do you prefer, Giving or Receiving?
Umm, I plead the fifth....hahaha I like them both. But I love watching my children open their gifts.

What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Secular: The Christmas Wish (listen to it in my music) Religious: Adeste Fideles
Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?
I like the little ones. That's about as much mint as I can take in one sitting.
Ever recycled a Christmas present?
Pretty sure I have at some time or another
There you have it! Join in the fun with me.

2 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

The Guatemala stuff from Greg was a COOL gift!!!

What a thoughtful guy!

Mama Bear said...

Loved reading all your answers. Tooooo cool. thanks for sharing. Happy Holidays.