Monday, December 8, 2008

The Great Christmas Tree Hunt of 2008

Saturday we loaded up the kiddos and drove to Hozaks Christmas Tree Farm. It was a warm and balmy 30 degrees with a wind chill in the 20s. Needless to say I packed the snowsuits too. When we got there we took the hayride to look at all the Christmas Trees. I couldn't remember the name of the tree we ususally get...of course it was the one almost exactly where we parked the car. Oh well the hayride was lots of fun, cold, but lots of fun. What made the day even better was it had started to snow right before we left. Nothing makes it feel more like Christmas than cutting down a tree in the snow. It took us about 45 minutes to find a good tree. Greg always says that he gets the whole experience going with me. hahaha. I'm not too bad, but it needed to be tall enough and not too wide due to the space. I think we picked the perfect one...and just so I'll remember....Tina, you like Fraiser Firs!

Daddy and Toby snuggled up on the hayride


I love this one of Liliana and me...and to make it even better, I took it myself


How cute is this picture? On the hunt for the perfect tree. Toby found one his size and gave it a hug saying "Cute little tree." He's too funny.


A view from near the top of the hill. This is just one of their many fields at the tree farm.



Yes that man is in (short) athletic shorts in the 20 degree snowing weather Christmas tree shopping. I HAD to take a picture. I wish I would have gotten one of him smoking or laying on the ground cutting down that tree. It was hystercial! None of them were properly dressed...the daughter and the mother were both shivering. I swear one would only see this in Western PA.


Waiting for Daddy to cut down the tree.



Our tree! I had to cut several branches off the bottom making it not nearly as pretty, but it's still a pretty tree.
Daddy hauling the tree down the hill. At least it was down, in one of their other fields it was up. Yikes.

Listen lady, I'm still a little popsicle....lay off the pictures


I'll smile mommy...Cheesy cheese!


After tree shopping, we met PapPap and Uncle Dave at the Mexican Restaurant....Yummy. Here's the princess stealing food...who me Mommy?


Help Me Mommy! Daddy's Loving me to death. lol









































9 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Very cute, Tina! I LOVED the picture of you & Lili, too! Very wintery!!

We are getting a tree from my sister's yard. My brother in law is picking it for us, so we will see what it looks like!! It'll probably be a "Charlie Brown Christmas Tree!" Ha!! Ha!!!

Amy said...

YOur children are beautiful, love the tree pictures, isnt that the best, i miss cutting down a tree, cant do that here in Florida

Mama Bear said...

Oh my gosh Tina, I loved loved loved all your pictures. They are all so adorable and brrrrrrrrr, looks coldddddd!

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had a great time looking for the RIGHT christmas tree. The kids look like they had fun too.Love the pics of them. Love Ya all Tia Jo

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

fun fun fun fun fun ...wish we had something like that here with snow and everything!

Kristen said...

What a great memory! We did this once in the snow when we lived in Albuquerque...you jogged a very good memory!

nomore said...

Thank you for the tour of your Christmas tree "hunt". This Florida girl LOVED to see all those trees and snow, and bundled up kids to keep warm! So cute! Loved the music too! God bless & Have a Merry Christmas :O)

SmilingSally said...

Your tree is absolutely beautiful. I loved being taken along for the hunt. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine.

http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/2008/12/christmas-tradition-decorating-tree.html

Nancy M. said...

I love the pictures! How neat to cut your own tree down in the snow. Your kids are gorgeous!