Friday, December 26, 2008

A Christmas Together

We had a wonderful Christmas! Christmas Eve we got together with my family on my Dad's side. We all hung out and ate a wonderful dinner and plenty of sweets. It was really nice. We haven't done that on Christmas Eve in years. After that we all got dressed up and headed to 8 o clock mass. After mass it was home to bed for the little ones and then some work for Mommy and Daddy. ;)

The next morning the kiddos opened their gifts. They didn't get many from us but they all of them. Toby got a V Action, two Kung Fu Pandas, and a Buzz Lightyear (that he's talked about forever). Liliana got Dora the Snow Princess, a dinosaur set, Ming Ming, and a Fur Real Kitty (that's awesome). They haven't stopped playing with all their new things. After gifts NaNa, PapPap, and Uncle Dave came. We all hung out and opened a few more gifts until Godfather arrived. Godfather got special permissions to say Morning Mass for us at our house. It was so nice to celebrate the real reason for Christmas. Then it was on to the feast. David made the eggs and potatoes and I made the bacon and the pancakes. Huge. Amounts. Of. Food!

Later we all went to NaNa's and Greg's parents and Uncle came. There were even more presents! The kiddos and the big kiddos (that would be us) got VERY spoiled. Dinner was wonderful. The whole day was wonderful! Can't wait til next year!!!!

And because Greg does something awesome for me every year, he couldn't not this year. He made me a story to tie together his gifts. It was awesome he used power point and paint to create the book using pics of the kids. It was corny and adorable and I LOVED it!!! (If I can figure out how to post it I will) After I knew the story to my gifts, he gave me False Tongues and Sunday Bread (a Guatemalan cook book that I've wanted). Even better, He designed a pendant for me. He knew of a woman that made stained glass pendants, so he designed it and she made it. I LOVE it too! I also got a Thomas Kinkade print...it's beautiful. We made Daddy a slideshow for his new digital picture frame and it brought tears to his eyes....we did good! Hope you enjoy the pics!





The Slideshow on Greg's Digital Picture Frame that me and the kids made him:

13 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

What a great Christmas Present for Greg!

& I want that cookbook, too! I have been looking at it but is is so expensive!!!

Amy said...

Great pics and I loved hearing about the sweet gifts you and Greg gave each other.

BTW...Christmas threw up in our house too. I should be organizing and cleaning, but instead, I am looking at everyone's Christmas celebrations on their blogs.

Mama Bear said...

That is a really cool present. LOVED seeing all the pictures. SOOOOO cute :-)

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Jennifer said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I've enjoyed scrolling through yours! You have beautiful children!!! Have a great new Year!

Hannah said...

What beautiful, thoughtful gifts between you and your husband!

have a great weekend!!

vaneblu said...

Beautiful pics!! Merry Christmas!

Our Family of 5 said...

Your hubby is very thoughtful. How special.

Love all the pictures. The kids looks as beautiful as ever. Love the slide show for Daddy.

Kim & Dave said...

Hey, Tina-I tried to read Greg's story on your latest post (My "Blogs I follow told me you posted it) but the last post was from this morning.

Can't wait to read the story!

Kelly said...

The necklace is stunning!!!!!!!Greg did great!!!!!!! I am so glad you guys had a blessed Christmas !!!!I want that cookbook!

Anonymous said...

You kids are so cute!
Great pictures!

Kathy said...

Glad you had a nice Christmas! The gifts you and your husband exchanged were just beautiful!

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas!!