Thursday, August 7, 2008

Ahhh..Home!

Well we made it home. The ride home wasn't too bad other than not being able to find lodging when we were ready to stop for the night on Tuesday. I guess that was fine too since we made it into Ohio before stopping. The kids did really well with the drive...with the trip not so much. Their schedule was SOOOO far off from the time change, late dinners, and visiting that there was no fixing it while we were there. So they were a bit crazier than normal. To emphasize that point, Liliana went to bed last night at 8:15 and is still sleeping as I type this. It's 12:15pm so that's 16 hours and counting. And poor Toby .who is not a big eater to begin with becomes an even worse eater with crowds and schedule changes. He's already devoured a whole bowl of cereal...more than he ate in any one sitting while away.

I enjoyed seeing my family and my friends. I hope it wasn't too hard on any of you. We really appreciate the lodging, food, and help provided by my Aunt and Uncle and my cousin. I wouldn't have made it without the three of you. And the to the rest of the family I hope we can spend more time with you next time. Maybe we can opt for more lunches so the kids aren't visiting during their witching hour. I love you all and I really hope we can make it out during the hoildays.

Friday Morning:
On friday morning we were able to meet up with Kim, Dave, and their kiddos. We met Kim and Dave during our pick up for Toby and their pick up for their daughter Ruth. We were both there waiting on our visa appointments and enjoying the holidays with our new family members. Kim and Dave were an incredible blessing during that time and we have kept in touch over the past year and a half. I just missed seeing Kim in Guatemala again while there in Feb getting Liliana. It was an incredible set of circumstances that allowed us to meet up for alittle bit on Friday to visit. It was about 95 with an even higher heat index and humidity. Add in that the play area was on black rubber and I'm amazed the kiddos didn't melt during our visit. I loved getting to see you guys. I hope the next time is sooner though. :)

Liliana did not let the fact the jungle gym was huge stop her from following her big brother to play.


Ruthie sweating it up in the play area.


Dave and Ana at play


Kim holding the girls


Three friends, one beautiful big girl, and four gorgeous Guat tots....the perfect play date!

Thursday at Tia Jo and Uncle Roger's:

Liliana walking like a pro and hauling a dog bone...yum


Toby enjoying the trampoline


Toby hangin out with my cousin Katie


Toby and Great-PapPap watching tv together


Liliana with her Great-Mimi

WAY MORE to follow so just keep checking back over the next few days

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all the pictures!!! Did you go to Ohio or are you living there now..sorry didnt catch where you are from..I live in the Cleveland area....Your kids are sooo darn cute!

Amy said...

I TOTALLY know what you mean about kids being off schedule while vacationing...it can sometimes put a damper on the trip.

The pics are just adorable, and I can't wait to see more. I was going through Toby and Lili withdrawal while you were gone. It feels good to get my fix again...lol!

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Kim & Dave said...

It was such a treat to see you guys, & it was a great playdate, in spite of the SWELTERING heat!!!

Glad you made it home ok!