Friday, August 8, 2008

FFF: Having a ball at the Relay for Life

Friday Evening:
So let's see I let off on friday. After meeting up with Kim and Dave, we went to lunch with my Aunt Tracie at Red Robin. But I didn't take any pictures....mainly because I was too busy devouring that delicious food. Friday evening brought the Lincoln County Relay for Life. It was the first time I've gotten to attend with the family. It was a special night because both of my grandparents walked as survivors. It was however hotter than hell with the temp and the humidity. You could watch my children wilt as the evening went on. After stayong for a couple hours, we left and went to eat. The kiddos crashed on the car ride home.

Oh man that giant misting fan looks inviting...I wonder if they'd notice that I left...probably


Oh Gawd it's HOT! Why can't I just sit in some shade?


The special bows I made for the day. I love them and so did everyone that saw them. It's a shame I didn't make more.


Inspecting her new book


Reading books together while waiting for the walk to start

Mimi got to ride for the laps since she's still recovering from her broken foot


Toby thought the music was alittle loud...NaNa thought Toby was a hoot.


Uncle Roger playing the Master Camera man (a digital and a video camera) all while walking backwards. He's very talented.


PapPap and his helpers from the church walking the second lap


They had parachuters jump in. The last one down straps the American flag to him...it was really neat.

Finally some shade, a nice lap, some popcorn, and some entertainment....now this is the life.


Millkshake mustache


Umm, popcorn. My favorite!


I think the heat was getting to her


Liliana hangin with Aunt Tracie in the shade.

stay tuned for more vacation pictures...and if you want to see more favortire foto friday then hope on over to sarah's blog at www.kissthefrog4me.blogspot.com




17 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

That is the best reason to have a ball! I am loving the bows!!

Sarah said...

What a wonderful day to celebrate your survivors!! Love the bows!! And Toby is too cute with his short haircut!

Violet said...

I so LOVE the bows! You could sell a lot of those I am sure of it. So many have been affected by cancer, especially breast cancer. In my family we have had 3 women, my Grandma, Aunt, and Great Aunt. I'd buy some even though I don't have a little girl yet!

Anonymous said...

OMG you must make more bows and im buying some! My Mom-In-Law has Breast Cancer and is finishing another round of Chemo...Great pics and what a great relay! Your children are soo darn cute!

Stacey and Dewey said...

Your blog is darling!!! Love the title!!! And your kids, cute as can be!!! What a fun (even at a million degrees) day!! And how amazing to get to walk with your parents. Great memories!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!
Stacey

Bree said...

Your kids are adorable and it looks like they had a great time!

Rachel said...

Great pics - but it looks a little toasty!!! Hopefully you've had a little break in your weather since then!

The bows were adorable too.

Kelly said...

Awesome pics and I love the bows.

Ellie said...

OH My....

I need a set of those bows....

hugs fellow believer!

Ellie

Hannah said...

Love the bows! So cute.

Hannah

Debbie said...

Yes very cute bows!!! Our Relay for Life was in June! Great pictures and looks like a great time!

Debbie

Robyn said...

What a great way to have a ball!! I love the bows!!

Robyn

Amy said...

Great pics...but, I am not jealous of how hot everyone seems! Glad you all made the best of the relay despite the heat. I recently went to a relay as well to support a good friend of mine. It was a wonderful experience!

One Busy Momma said...

Congrats on doing the relay!!!

Kids look absolutly cute even though it was so hot out!!!!

Denise

Tracy said...

Those bows are just gorgeous and i love the dress too!

Anonymous said...

I just love the bows you made for Lili! What an awesome reason to have a ball! Enjoy the rest of your weekend with your darling kiddos!

Ruthie

Donna said...

We did a Realy for Life a few years back and it was so much fun. A little warm, but not quite as hot as what yours appears to be!

That watermelon dress is adorable. Okay, well the cutie-patootie IN the watermelon dress is adorable!

Love all the pics, love the catch-up from your vacation - shocked at the 16 hours of sleep!!

Hope all has settled back to normal by now - keep the posts coming!