Monday, March 30, 2009

Weekend Review

Saturday we gave Greg another work day and the kids and me headed off to get NaNa so we could see a play. A young man we know was in his Junior High's production of Busgy Malone Jr, so we took the kids to see him. The kids loved the musical. They sat so nicely and watched the whole time. NaNa and I were impressed with the set designs and the costumes for a junior high production. The acting was also very good. The singing was pretty good but the kids didn't have great projection in their voices and the mics weren't fantastic so it was hard to hear. Overall it was a great way to spend an afternoon. Then yesterday Greg and I took the kids to see Monsters vs Aliens. It was really cute, not as good as Kung Fu Panda, but still cute. Toby asked a couple of times what was going on, but that was because he didn't want to wear his 3-D glasses so the whole thing was blurry to him. I think he would've enjoyed it more had he wore the glasses. And btw, the 3-D was awesome....really cool. I had read alot of parent reviews before taking the kids, and lots were worried about the violence and some of the inappropriate references (which went right over my little ones heads). Toby did have some questions about why they were doing things, like capturing Susan, but he accepted my answers and kept watching. I didn't find it anymore violent than the Incredibles or Kung Fu Panda, both are movies that Toby loves. All in all it was an enjoyable movie with a nice plot. And now the pictures...

This was at the end of the play...loved the costumes.

My cutie patootie


My handsome boy



STUCK! I had to take a picture before saving her.


Another scene from the play


NaNa getting her turn with Liliana during intermission


Mama's boy

NaNa's getting some of Lili's sugar


NaNa took this one


Me and my sweeties











4 comments:

Kelly said...

Cute pics!!!!I can't believe how big everyone is getting!!!

Kim & Dave said...

What a great picture of Lili!

They both are adorable, of course, but that just seems to capture her personality.

Mama Bear said...

What a fun weekend and I really had to laugh at the "stuck" picture. Thanks for the review of the Monster movie, we had been wondering whether to take the girls there or not.

Rebekah said...

Great photos and it looks like a great play ... Bugsy Malone was a WONDERFUL movie ... hope your week is going well!

Rebekah and the girls