Tuesday, March 10, 2009

For Mimi....

Friday was a gorgeous day here so I loaded up the kids and I took them to a local playground to have some fun. When we got there plenty of people were already there and more came and went. We outlasted everyone by staying for two hours...can you tell we're tired of being inside. The best part was the kids never got bored or complained. Awesome! The other good part was they were mostly cooperative for pictures.

I titled the post for Mimi not because it is a special day or anything but because of what the kids are wearing in all of the photos. My grandmother knits. And not in a I'm-okay-at-it sort of way. She is excellent (I wish I lived closer so she could teach me). She has knit both of my children blankets and sweaters. The sweaters are a regular staple in the spring and fall in this house. But the sweaters in these photos are even more special. Do you recognize them Mimi? She didn't knit these for my kids, she knit them for me when I was their age. They look just as good now 28 years later. Mom kept them for me and I've been chomping at the bit for them to fit and they finally do. I wish I had a scanner so i could share some photos of me in them too. And the kids love wearing things that Mimi made them. I just wanted to let you know Mimi how much I cherish them. How much the things that you and PapPap have made for me mean to me an the memories that are attached to them. Love you guys. Hope you enjoy the photos.


3 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Lily is looking so grown up!!!

How special that they can wear something made with so much love for you!

Amy said...

LOVE all the pictures! Toby looks just as silly as ever and Lili sure is growing up! Where did our babies go? What a big girl on the swings...Layna can't seem to master the concept of HOLDING ON! I can't tell you how many times she falls off a swing because she simple lets go...one day, one day!

Unknown said...

Looks like they enjoyed ever bet of it. Lili looks good in red and Toby looked really good in orange yellow color one. They are both adorable kiddos. LOVE the Pictures Love and kissses to all Tia Jo