Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Welcome to the World.... (edited to add pictures)

Gabriella Renee. She came into this world at 4:33pm weighing 7lbs, 11ozs, and 21 inches long. Her temperature was alittle low so they put her under the warmer for an hour and she perked right up. Mom and Dad (ugh, my little brother is a Dad!) and baby are all doing fine now. I was suppose to get to watch the birth, but I was a few minutes too late. Damn it! I did get to see my new niece right after she was born and watch the first moments between my brother and his daughter which were completely priceless. He never left her side the whole time she was in the warmer. He continued to comfort her through her uncomfortable screams. I have never seen my brother so in love. Cat had to watch from across the room cause her one leg was still numb from the epidural. Though I have some pictures they are of her under the warmer and naked, not really what I want to post. I am sure that I will have some better ones tomorrow. Here are a couple of the New daddy..... URGH, It won't let me upload pictures. Maybe later, so check back.

My brother comforting his new daughter

I love this one....that's David's hand holding hers

The first moments together with the new baby

5 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Oh, how special for you, Tina!

Kinda crazy when those sibblings become parents, huh?

Kelly said...

Congratulations to your family !!! I cannot wait for pics. What a cool experience to see your little bro being a daddy and comforting his new bundle....so sweet!!!

Kristen and the Gang said...

Congrats...New Auntie!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG she is so cute and I can't believe that David is a Daddy now. I'm so happy for him. Congrats! Tell everyone HI and that WE LOVE THEM!
Love you,
Cuz Katie and Charles

Anonymous said...

Congrats to David and Cat! The baby is beautiful! And Happy Birthday to Toby. We are all becoming parents at the same time. Life is much better with little people around. Please send everyone my love.
Raye Linn