Monday, October 22, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM and DAD

My parents have been married for 30 years today! What a milestone! They provided and excellent home life for my brother and I. They have ALWAYS been supportive of us, our activities, and our choices whether they have agreed or not. Our home was FULL of love, the love of our parents for us and the love they have for each other. The latter was always evident as we grew up and as an adult it caused me to seek out that same kind of love in my marriage. Our house was THE house for our friends to come to, my parents accepted all of our friends and most of them still call them Mom and Dad. Their love and marriage is the gold standard that the majority of couples never even rise to today. Mom and Dad I'd like to thank you for all the love that you have filled our home with over the years, the sacrifices you have made for us, and most of all the example you have set for us for what a relationship should look like. I love you both and wish you 30+ more years together, happy and in love!!!!


Sorry guys these are the only pictures I have of my parents on this computer. I have better ones but they are trapped on the other computer and it HATES me right now, so these will have to do. I wish I had a scanner cause I'd scan their wedding picture and since it's from the 70's it's great!

Together in Gatlinburg this summer

Another in Gatlinburg. This one was taken where Greg proposed to me.

With their grandson

I LOVE YOU MOMMY AND DADDY!!! HAVE A VERY BLESSED DAY!

2 comments:

Kristen and the Gang said...

Happy 30th Anniversary!!!! Your parents sound wonderful!!! You are very lucky!

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary to the parents !!!!! Send them a big old hug from Skylie !!!And give Mr. Toby one too. OH BTW you have a gorgeous niece !!!