Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Boldly Going Where No One Has Gone Before

The kids having been playing outer space lately in their imaginative play. (Thanks to Space Chimps...cute movie. check it out.) Since it was raining today I decided to take it a couple steps further to make it a learning activity. So we got out some of the styrofoam and paper plates and the paint. Toby made the sun, Liliana made the moon, and they both made planets and stars. After they were all dry we hung them from the living room ceiling and they had a great time "exploring space." While they were painting I took the opportunity to ask them questions about what was in space and talked about the different colors of stars and how our sun in a star. And Toby actually payed attention. Here's the pics..... Painting the sun and the moon

Still hard at work

Mom enough with the pictures!


Nearly finished now


The kiddos in their "space ship" under the stars


More space


The rest of the living room along with Toby and his telescope


Help, Buzz Lightyear is attacking me!


My little astronaut


Hanging in the cat sleeper





These are some of the bows I recently made. They might be some of my favs.


View from the top

view from the side


view from the top
view from the side
BTW, if you like the bows....check out my website Lilicakes Bowtique

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

Do you sell these on ebay?? I bought my daughter a HUGE korker bow just like the pink one on there!! Please email me if you sell them!

Mama Bear said...

What a truly awesome mommy you are, how fun.

Anonymous said...

The kids looked like they had so much fun!!! How cool!
Those are some very cute bows!

vaneblu said...

I love your bows!!!
Fun day :)

Kim & Dave said...

What a great mommy!!!

I STILL need to get some bows! I thought of that again last week!!!
Glad I saw this!