Monday, December 10, 2007

Orange on the Brain

Okay everyone I need you to think ORANGE thoughts. We need that orange slip to get DNA done (the last step to bringing Liliana home). I am constantly checking my email and my bank account looking to see is DNA has been done. I'm losing it over here, we are sooo close. Here's how the rest of the time will play out...

1. Submitted to the Embassy and receive the Orange DNA slip
2. DNA is taken and sent to Lab Corp in NC
3. DNA is processed (about seven days)
4. DNA is sent to US Embassy in Guatemala
5. Embassy receives results and issues the Pink slip with our appointment date in 24-72 hours
6. Liliana gets her medical clearance from an Embassy approved doctor
7. I travel to Guatemala
8. Embassy Appointment
9. Pick up visa the next day
10. Fly home the day after that

Once we get to step 5 the rest of the steps will happen in a matter of days. Right now it seems as though it takes the DNA a roundtrip (from being taken to going to the embassy) of about 10-12 days. We will most likely get our travel dates right around Christmas, either before or after. And I'll probably travel sometime during the first or second week of January. I'd love to be home with Liliana for Mom's 55th birthday as that is also Lili's 7 month bday. So in order to do this everyone must pray and think ORANGE. Hell wear some orange if you have to, whatever it takes! I promise to keep everyone updated. Love Tina

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm turning into a damn pumpkin over here!!!!!

Amy said...

I am soooooo thinking orange thoughts for you and your family!!! Your posts look and sound just like mine over the last few weeks...this wait was excruciating for me!!!

Hold on tight...you are almost there!!!

Rick said...

Sound complicated. I'm lifting a prayer for you and the growing family.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/