Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

Greg is very Irish and I have some Irish heritage on my Mom's side so we usually enjoy celebrating the day. but alas with two children it just isn't going to happen this year. Maybe we'll have a green beer or two. Today is a special day for Greg and I. After meeting Greg in a bar (scandalous I know), we had our first date on St Patty's Day. Since I did meet him in a bar and I am a smart girl I took a friend with me on our first date. Greg took us to a St Patty's day party and well the rest is history. We have been together 7 years today. I thank God everyday that he lead Greg and I to each other.

Today also marks Liliana being home one month. If I'm being honest, then I'd have to say that this past month has been a truly difficult one. Toby has finally settled down, except for nighttime but we're getting there. Liliana has gone from hours of crying to just crying when she's really tired. I still have not figured out what she needs when she needs it but I'm getting better. This child also never naps unless I'm holding her and that is not really a viable option so she is tired alot. I might see a different child if she weren't. We are just beginning to develop that Mother-child bond that is so important. She'll now smile when I come in the room and she'll sometimes fuss when I leave it. She also will only sleep for me which is also good.On a scale from 1-10 I'd say we're at a 5 or 6, which isn't bad cause we were probably at a 1 or 2. I'm pointing this out because I know that there will be someone that comes to this blog to see what it's like after coming home and I want to portray our family life realistically, so the bad with all the good. And so that family knows that this is a work in progress and it does not happen over night, so all the thing I ask of you are important. Also family and friends we would LOVE for you to visit us whenever you get a chance. I'd really appreciate a day's notice for visits but I'd be happy to see any of you whenever. Oh and I couldn't pass this up....too funny....

glitter graphics
Free Glitter Graphics

4 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Thanks for the honesty.

Reminds me that we are normal-in spite of our somewhat difficult adjustment.

Love to all!!!

Kelly said...

I love your honesty and I hope you have a fabulous St.Patrick's Day!!!

Amy said...

Tina, your honesty is refreshing. I feel like your words could have come out of my mouth during our first couple months home. It was not all roses and sunshine. I wish I had the opportunity to know that others went through the same things we were going through. It was tough, but we have come around the corner...and your family will too!

Mama Bunny said...

I'm happy things with you and Liliana are improving. :)

I admire you for posting about the bonding and attaching. Was it this way when Toby came home?

For us, it was exactly how I portrayed it onto my blog and I did get a few unhappy e-mails about it. Maybe it is different with a first child.