Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Part 1

Because I don't want to listen to any more complaints, I am updating the blog. We have been pretty busy with a bunch of things so the blog is what took the hit....sorry about that mi familia.

Easter was fantastic! We had a great couple of days celebrating. Today you're getting Saturday and first thing Sunday morning because I have WAY too many for one post (and I'm gonna milk it this week since it's gonna be a slow week around here). On saturday we colored eggs. Lili thought the eggs were balls so Greg had the special job of making sure she didn't toss them into the cups. He wasn't quick enough a couple of times and she made a huge mess, but had a blast doing it. :) Toby was all about the redying of the eggs. They just weren't pretty enough for him, and 12 just wasn't enough either. So he redyed all his eggs many times with some very interesting color combinations. In the end we salvaged about 20 beautifully dyed eggs out of 24 so that wasn't too bad.

Saturday night as soon as the kids went to sleep, I got to work. I filled the baskets and wrapped them up. Then I stuffed all the eggs. By the time I was done with those two projects I needed a break. During my break, I had a couple of drinks. Probably wasn't my smartest idea since Greg reminded me I wasn't done. So half tipsy I put on my bunny ears and my winter coat, grabbed the flashlight and the easter eggs and headed outside at 11:45 at night to hide eggs. I thought for sure the neighbors were gonna call the cops on the two crazy people wandering around the backyard with a flashlight, skipping, saying hippity hoppity and "hiding" eggs. I guess they're used to my crazy ass. It took about 15 minutes, but we succeeded in our mission. Upon returning to the house I realized I hadn't made Liliana's hairbow yet, so I went about doing that. I must say for being pretty tipsy and tired, her bow looked really cute. So there's my funny easter story for you.

Easter morning went very smooth and quick. The kids tore into their baskets and they loved the couple of things they got. I tried to get them things they would actually continue to use. So Toby got a Cars radiator springs road mat, a new car, and coconutty monkey playdough set. Liliana got an aqaudoodle (I would HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with little ones. It's great and they love it. Best of all no mess.), a cinderella dress up set, and a Mickey toy. After opening the baskets, the kids begged to go on the egg hunt. So complete with slippers and winter coats, we went outside to hunt. They did great and found most of them without too much prompting from us. After that we got cleaned up and went to church and they looked absolutely adorable.....but you have to wait until tomorrow for that. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a busy weekend...loved the new Easter pics!!

I sooo want to try this easter egg hunting at night!!! AND i will be having a glass of wine before i do it! lol

hugs,leslie

Kim & Dave said...

Yeah!!! Pics!!! I was wondering when you were going to update!!!

:-)

Kelly said...

So glad you guys had a great Easter!!! I cannot wait to see more pics!!!

Mama Bear said...

You were busy and thanks for updating your blog. I LOVED seeing the new pictures!!!!!