Monday, May 10, 2010

My Mother's Day Surprise

Greg planned a surprise outing for me on Mother's Day.  He even misled the kids cause he knew they would tell me.  We went to an earlier Mass, came home and packed a picnic lunch and headed on our way.  All I knew was that I needed to dress like I was going to potentially get dirty and that we would be outside for most of the day.  I also knew that we were heading South towards Lexington.  He thought I'd put it all together but I didn't.  I had no idea until I saw the exit sign....
ALRIGHT HORSES!!!!  My husband sure knows how to make me happy.  Others might find it a bit boring but it was right up our alley.  They had some small shows (the one we saw was horses from around the world) that you could see, museums to tour, and carriage tours.  They also had several barns with horses you could visit and pet.  It nice and open.  The kids could explore and touch.  And they had a great playground for them.  Very peaceful and laid back.  Can't wait to visit through the summer when we can possibly catch a competition event too.


Strolling up to the Hall of Champions.  We missed the parade but we were still able to meet the horses.  They were huge.  And It was Greg's favorite part since he likes the sporting aspect of horses.

Liliana peeking through the fence to see some of the draft horses.

They had two mechanical Morgan horses the kids could "ride." SO worth the few quarters I spent.

You could get up close and very personal with some of the horses.  This one was ornery but very sweet.

Toby and Mommy lovin on the horse.  I could've stayed right here all day!

All the trail horses going back out to pasture at the end of the day.  It was neat to watch.

The kids challenged Daddy to a race....I'm not sure who won ;)

He is just too cute!  He smiled as soon as he climbed up there.  He's an animal lover just like his Mommy.

My Natural born horse girl.  Someday we'll get her lessons (and maybe even a horse of her own)

A picture with my kiddos.  The littlest one stuck her tongue out...stinker!


One Happy Momma!!!

2 comments:

Spudsnsalsa said...

Just hopped over here from Becca's FB post. Sooooo wish I knew about this before we drove to Florida this past spring break!!! My 9yo is horse crazy and would have died and gone to heaven. Going to make sure I bookmark their site for next year's trip (:
Suz

Kim & Dave said...

What a fun day!!! I am jealous!!

Cute kiddos!