Tuesday, January 19, 2010

One Great Weekend

Nan and Pap came to visit us this weekend. We were blessed with 3 days with them. They arrived Friday night to two VERY excited small children. And they stayed through until Monday afternoon. It's much easier to do a breakdown of the weekend, so here it is....

Saturday: Nan and Pap helped us with some things around the house that we were unable to do without further assistance. After getting cleaned up and lunching, We headed down to Newport on the Levee to see what it was all about. It's nice down there during the day but it's hoppin at night! It started to get cold so we headed to Florence to get some shopping done. Pap, Greg, and Toby went home while Lili and me took Nan to Hobby Lobby and walmart. Btw, Hobby Lobby ROCKS! When we came home it was time to start dinner. Me being my brillant self thought I'd use my Christmas gift, a mandalin slicer, to cut the potatoes. Instead, right after my parents warned me to be careful, alittle foreshadowing maybe, I sliced my pinky finger and ended up in the ER for two hours. NaNa said she wanted to hang out with me...but I don't think she was thinking let's go to the ER together. They xrayed, cleaned, and bandaged my wound and sent my on my way with painkillers and a set of wound care instructions. Yippee!

Sunday: Nan and Pap went to church. I was in too much of a Vicodin induced haze to go and Greg stayed to watch me and the kids. Bet he never thought he'd have to babysit his own wife. The kids napped and we lunched and then we left for more shopping. It should be noted here that I was very dizzy so shopping was interesting to say the least for me. Greg got clothes for work and the kiddos and the grandparents spent time together eating ice cream and riding the two story carosel. Then it was out to dinner at TGIFriday's to celebrate Toby's 3 year homecoming anniversary.

Monday: We just all hung out together until it was time for them to leave. We had such a great time with them visiting. We miss them SO VERY MUCH already. Life is not the same here without them. We are counting down the days until The kids and I go and visit them. Here's the slideshow. (I'm running out of memory space so that's what you get)


0 comments: