Tuesday, May 5, 2009

SURPRISE!

What a weekend! On Thursday we piled in the rented van (which I am totally addicted to now...I miss it) with my Mom and Dad to head to Missouri to surprise my Aunt. We stopped off on the way to pick up my Mom's cousin Bob. It was a long trip but we pulled into my Aunt's house at 12:45 in the morning. The kids ran around in circles into 2 in the morning and then we headed to bed. Friday while everyone was out gathering things for my Aunt Jo's surprise 50th birthday party, the kids and me hung out with Kelly and Skyler for 4.5 hours at McDonalds. Yes over 4 hours in Mickey D's. The kids were having a blast...and you'll have to catch those photos over on facebook. On Saturday was the party and on Sunday was family time. We left Sunday at 10:30 Missouri time after being up since 7 in the morning to drive all night. We pulled into my driveway at 8:55am....one very tired family. I loved getting to visit with my family, but it was too short. I can't wait to go back in August. And I'll be spliting time at both of my Aunt's houses cause it's just too hard to choose who to stay with and the kids love staying with both of them. Speaking of the kids, this was the best trip yet. They did great in the van both ways and they were fantastic and very well behaved while visiting. And best of all, they socialized without being too shy. It was just a great visit! Here are just some of the pictures. I'll try to get more up over the next couple of days.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the Sex Over 50 book LOL!!!We had a blast hanging with you guys too!!!I bet your aunt was so surprised...FUN!!!!!

Kim & Dave said...

Looks like you had such a great time together! I love seeing extended families that LOVE to get together! We are blessed to have that, too & I think it's rather rare these days!!!

Glad you got to go!

Mama Bear said...

Toooo cute as my 4 year old says!!! Loved the pictures and it's alway soooo hard to say goodbye to "family". Hoping the time goes by quickly so you can go spend more time there in August.

Rhonda